Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Things I shake my head at.

I've noticed lately there have been some things I will encounter or think about and just shake my head in disbelief. I actually enter a zone of complete perplexity as to why people do the things they do or act the way they act, or even why some things exist and are available to people- even if it is the simplest of things. Anyway, I thought I'd share a list of those things, since I'm a little obsessed with lists. I wonder if anyone would agree with the items featured, or if I am in a class by myself.
  • Fried ice cream. Is America that fat? Batter and ice cream aren't unhealthy enough seperately that one would actually have to take a hunk of fatty and sugary ice cream and deep fry it in oil made of saturated fat? I mean, come on.
  • Dress-shirt Dresses. They are apparently the new trend. It is basically oversized mans' dress shirt, just longer and not as wide for women to wear. It doesn't look like a dress. It looks like an oversized mans' dress shirt, just longer and not as wide.
  • Walnut-sized chocolate eggs at Teuscher Chocolate of Switzerland on Newbury Street that cost $3.50 per egg. A tiny piece of chocolate should not cost more than 50 cents. I do not care if it is Swiss. I care that I have to budget the rest of the day because I was craving chocolate and bought it because I assumed it would be 50 cents. That egg should have been wrapped in gold for that price, not cheap colored foil.
  • People who are rude on the phone. Just because something did not go your way, why be a jerk to someone who probably had nothing to do with what you're aggravated about? Why not be polite and understanding instead?
  • Obsessions with social networking sites. (Facebook, Twitter, Discussion boards, Myspace, etc.) Occasional use is fine! But excessive social networking=you're antisocial to the rest of the world outside of a COMPUTER. Your friends, your family, your co-workers, your spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend.
  • People who walk at a snail-like pace when entering/exiting the MBTA. How about, move!? Don't you know that there are people like me who rush everywhere they go in order not to miss the next T to be able to get home 15-20 minutes earlier? May not sound like much, but after a day where at least 3 hours is spent in a commute of some sort, it means more than anyone can ever imagine.
  • That it is only 3:48 P.M., and not 5:00 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment