Thursday, March 5, 2009

Could it be true?

Twitter is becoming a new and dear, dear friend. It tells me news before I watch the news! Because I am a fan of the NFL, I found this newslink on a co-workers Tweet. (Is that the word for a Twitter posting?)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3953647&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Dallas releasing T.O.? Realllyy? I think not only being a die-hard New England Patriots Fan gives me enough reason to despise T.O., but being human in general who has heard even 2 seconds of Terrell Owens speak gives me enough reason to despise him. Ok buddy, you're good. We get it, we know. No need for the obnoxious big-headed bow-down-to-me ego. You're like a cartoon.

T.O. isn't the only athlete out there who thinks he is God's gift to Earth. There are so many men and women who are doing far better things for people and humanity everywhere- teachers, doctors, scientists, researchers, firefighters, police officers, soldiers, EMTs, social workers... the list goes on and on. They're the ones with the actual gifts, and they're the ones who deserve way more recognition than someone who is a talented wide receiver.

I want to be a part of the media industry... but sometimes I wonder at what point do people look at the news they are reporting and ask themselves; "Why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment