Monday, March 16, 2009

No News is Bad News.

Word on the street is The Boston Globe is shutting down. It's just crazy that because of today's economy the fear that newspapers would be obsolete is actually becoming a reality. More & more people (including me) get most of their news online. I'll even get the headlines from good old Matty in the Morning on Kiss 108 on the commute into the city on weekdays. Many radio stations aren't doing well either, and I blame this all on the Internet. Great as it is, it's ruining other outlets of media. I wonder what will still be around when I am my parents' age...

10 Most Endangered Newspapers in America

Most of these papers will still run their digital version...but just think of how many jobs that will cut. More spiel on the Internet later. I have a deep-set love/hate relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment