Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jess is a mess. Love my mess.


So this is my first blog that I haven't had to do for school. Since, I'm out of school now. My phenomenal internship inspired me to partake in more social media. So, here I am, milking the free website that allows you to blog. And milk, I shall.

I don't want this to only be about media, public relations, communications, etc. blah blah blah because I want everyone who reads it to be interested in what I write about. If everyone was me, they'd be thrilled to see posts about media, public relations, communications, etc. bah blah blah. Everyone's not me. I'm kind of a mess, and so I want to write about a whole mess of things. So I'm asking you all to just love it. LOVE THE MESS. 

In no way do I pretend to ever be something I'm not. I am not a know-it-all. I did not graduate with highest honors. I am not a poser who thinks people should care what she has to say. I am someone who hopes people just take the time to read, and maybe spend some time thinking even for a minute about anything I might mention on here. I am someone just trying to find out what I'm meant to be doing and where I'm going. I'm 22 years old and don't really have a clue. I graduated from a school I hated at first, until I left for a year to try something bigger and what I thought would be better. It turns out I was wrong. I ended up exactly where I belonged- back to where I left, where most people were like me-ordinary. I am clumsy, I say the wrong things sometimes, I make mistakes. But, I am real. I am passionate about the things I care about, and I care about a lot. Writing is something I have been passionate about for a good deal of my life.

Whew, enough with the serious stuff. Don't fall asleep on me. 
Now, so you can understand a little more of what I mean when I call myself a mess...

Messy Jess Story 1:

At a bright 9:00 A.M. on a Saturday morning, Jess falls down a big hardwood staircase whilst trying to make a dramatic exit. Socks on+Bags in hand+Stairs that as God as my witness have been caked in shellac+Pissed off Jess=LARGE LARGE PAINFUL TUMBLE. Almost 5 days later, and my back, ribs, and poor right elbow are still in shambles.

Morals of the story:
  • Timing, apparently, is everything.
  • Never wear socks on hardwood stairs.
  • Never mix any emotion with traveling down hardwood stairs, in socks.


Yes, as I said before, I'm a mess. You're dealing with it now. Then you'll tolerate it. Then, you'll like it. Then, you'll admire it but won't really have that strong of feelings for the mess because you'll want to convince yourself not to go overboard. It is, afterall, a blog. There are better things in life to love.

But in the end, you'll like my mess.

I already know someone loves it.



No comments:

Post a Comment