Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Get Out Of Town

Need to get away? Me too. I just read this article that completely helps me justify spending as much money as I am on a fabulous (hopefully) all-inclusive resort vacation in Ocho Rios, Jamaica that I will leave for in June. Ya Mon, this girl is so excited & ready to leave the real world behind to relax, have fun adventures, and drink some tropical beverages with my man. I must find him some SPF 200+ for this event...yikes.

HERE IS THE ARTICLE. Awesome travel tips. I wish I traveled more/had the time & funds to go to so many places. Because the economy has fallen through the cracks of the earth, I am sure many of you are taking this opportunity to save, save, save. I haven't been to a mall in I can't even remember so long because I am saving for this trip & for other things, and that is quite saddening for me. So if you want to get out of town but are a few weeks away from lurking under a bridge with a Dunkin Donuts styrofoam cup in your hand asking for change, here's what I got out of the article:

*"Though some people are skipping vacations altogether this year because of the miserable economy, others are plotting their getaways in spite of the dire times - or perhaps even because of them." FACT: Jessica should absolutely not be spending this much money on a vacation, because Jessica is an Intern and being paid a joke-amount of money/hr. for having her BACHERLOR'S DEGREE. She has zero permanent job lined up, and because this economy is the definition of FAIL, things do not look too promising. Not for awhile, anyway.

*"I think people are still finding ways to take a vacation," says Louise Reilly Sacco cofounder of The Frugal Yankee, an online newsletter. "I'm as thrifty as anyone, but if it gets to the point where you're cheap and you're ruining your life, it doesn't make sense. People need a break in their routine." FACT: Jessica desperately needs a break in her routine. Jamaica sounds like the perfect way to take that break.

The article touches on staying in hostels & house-swapping too, although my interest lacks in either.

Moral of the story: I probably shouldn't be spending all this money for this tropical paradise vacation. BUT...I don't care. I have never done anything like this before, and I am super excited.

Here is a pic. of the resort we'll be staying at, the RIU Ocho Rios! Can you blame me?



No comments:

Post a Comment