Tuesday, April 28, 2009

early summer in the city.

I'm in the best mood ever. It's an absolutely beautiful 90 degree day in Boston today. Women are in the midst of cute little lunches at outdoor cafes here on Boylston, men are in chipper sunny moods over the Sox winning streak. Spring is the best time ever to be in Boston. There is absolutely no place else I'd rather be, which means I need to save every cent this summer (after my trip to Jamaica that will put a nice dent in my bank account) so I can afford to live closer to--if not in--the city. It is where I'm happiest, it has been since I was a little girl. I love the people, I love the fact that no matter what day it is there's always something going on, and I love the feeling I have when I am here. Like I am a part of something bigger than myself. It's kind of hard to explain. I wouldn't live in any other city besides Boston-- because even though it's a city, there is such a sense of community here it's unbelievable. We have the Red Sox. We have the Celtics. We have the return of the Bruins. We have the North End and Southie and the gorgeous public gardens. A few days ago I was beeping Twitter's horn.. now it's all about my city. There are just few things that can make me so happy and excited. Boston is one of those things. The beach too. And Christmas time. And of course, seeing Kevin.

Ah, the simple things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment